Sacramento Association of REALTORS® 54th Year with SAR Scholarship!
The Scholarship Fund was initially a $600 yearly program that provided $100 to $200 scholarships for Sacramento students attending American River Junior College, Sacramento City College, and Sacramento State College (now California State University, Sacramento).
Over the years SAR has expanded the Scholarship program to support students pursuing real estate, business, and a variety of other fields at many different institutions across the United States. Many of the students who have received SAR Scholarships are the children, nieces, nephews and relatives of SAR Members.
Education is one of the most important gifts we can give today's youth and it is a gift that benefits not only the student but the entire community. The students who receive a SAR Scholarship to attend college will one day be your clients, your co-workers, and our community leaders.
What is the SAR Scholarship?
The Scholarship is an annual fundraising drive sponsored by the Sacramento Association of REALTORS® (SAR), which culminates in providing scholarships for local students. Since 2001, SAR has raised over $475,000 to support local students.
The Scholarship is sponsored by SAR, but many organizations and individuals contribute to its success by donating their time, money, or goods and services. SAR Members are encouraged to raise money through their own company efforts and fundraisers.
Scholarship Campaign ScheduleMarch – May: Last Member Standing – Stop in at SAR and purchase a number for $20. In June, all numbers will be drawn until there is one member standing. This person will receive $1000!
March: Kickoff ceremony at SAR Auditorium (2003 Howe Avenue)
March: Coldwell Banker Annual St. Patrick's Day Luncheon
May: The Young Professionals Network Special Event
June: Scholarship Presentation ceremony. Award Recipients are presented with their scholarships, and previous winners will speak about how their scholarship shaped their education.
* View calendar for details
How can people participate?
There are many ways to get involved:
- Host a Company Fundraiser
- Realtor Round Up – Round up your Retail Center Purchase to the nearest dollar! Every cent makes a difference!
- Stop by the SAR Retail Center to purchase a Pavilion’s Car Wash for only $20 – value $38! $10 goes back to SAR Scholarship.
- Buy your space in the SAR lobby – view the Learning Tree form
- Running or biking in a Race soon? Is it non-charity? Want to add a charitable twist? Contact us at (916) 922-7711 regarding a simple way to raise money at your upcoming race. Donations can be made here.
- General donations can be submitted via check, cash or credit card. Make a Donation »
- Joseph A. Bank: 20% discount on regularly priced merchandise, a % return to SAR Scholarship
- EWaste 4 Good – donate EWaste (800) 317-3112, proceeds go to SAR Scholarship Fund
- Put the SAR Scholarship Trust in your Will, Legacy and/or Living Trust
We appreciate your charitable giving and know that we couldn't offer as many scholarships without your wonderful support.
This annual scholarship application is available January 25th – March 31st.
Scholarships are awarded to 25+ local students, amounts varying from $500 – $3000.
Limited to high school seniors – awards based on availability
The following must accompany the application:
- Copy of current official transcript from your accredited high school, college or university
- Evidence of acceptance and intention to enroll for Fall term at an accredited college or university (or verification of current full–time enrollment if currently attending college or university)
- A typed, 300–word essay describing your career objectives and the benefits to be gained from this financial award
- Applicant must be a Senior in high school
- Applicant must have maintained – and documented – a cumulative grade point average of 3.7, includes high school and all colleges attended.
- Applicant must be a resident of Sacramento County or the City of West Sacramento, California for at least one year, or be a relative of a SAR Member or Affiliate and have a valid California Driver's License or California State Identification Card.
- Applications for review are received by the deadline stated on the application.
- SAR contacts potential recipients to schedule 15‐minute interviews for mid–May.
- Recipients are notified of scholarship awards; amounts revealed at the Ceremony.
- Recipients attend an Awards Ceremony in June.