The Sacramento Association of REALTORS® (SAR) provides this policy to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our members and to make you aware of the uses made of your member information by SAR. View Policy Manual »
- Confidential: In general, all member information provided to SAR by their members is treated as confidential and SAR uses their best efforts to keep such information confidential and prevent unauthorized use. Except for the limited situations described in this policy, SAR will not use your member information for any purpose without your consent. In addition, we do not provide any information pertaining to: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or information concerning the sexual orientation or marital status of any individual.
- Member Requests: You may contact SAR and make requests. In order to respond to your request, we may need to access and use your member information. For example, we may need to access your preferred mailing address to send you the information you requested.
- Names of Directors and Committee Members; Use of Business Contact Information: Use of Business Contact Information. For use by SAR members and for purposes of conducting SAR Board of Directors meetings, we make available on our web site and in other print and electronic formats the names of those members serving as directors or committee members of SAR. In addition, in order to provide meeting related information and to send official notices, we access and use the business contact information of SAR directors and committee members, including email and business mailing addresses.
- Request from the Public: If the public contacts SAR and requests information regarding one of our members, we may check our member database and verify to the public whether the person(s) is in fact a member of SAR. We may also provide the public with the name and telephone number of the firm with whom the member is affiliated. However, in no event will we provide personal information to the public unless required by a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process or in case of imminent physical harm to the public or other members.
- Orders/Credit Card Information: SAR sells various real estate related products and services to its members. In order to process and complete orders, we may need to access your member information. This information will only be used to process your order. If you pay for your products or services by credit card, we will need to ask you for your credit card number and expiration date, which is used solely to complete your order and otherwise kept confidential.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are serving as a director or committee member of SAR you cannot opt out of having your name reproduced and your business contact information used in the manner described in Section 5 above.