SAR's various committees and clubs serve our Members and the community by:
• Overseeing issues and interests pertinent to our members
• Giving back to the community
• Identifying potential SAR and community partnerships
• Enhancing networking opportunities
• Facilitating key member activities
- CanTree is SAR's most important and highest profile charitable event.
- Requires significant volunteer resources from September – December
More Info »
- Oversees SAR's Education Program development by suggesting new courses and assisting in proposed class and instructor reviews
- Helps market courses through public speaking opportunities
The Equal Opportunity/Cultural Diversity Committee works to disseminate information and education, primarily through partnering and connecting with community-oriented, equal opportunity groups and organizations.
- Establishes policy and positions on governmental issues affecting REALTORS® and residential property owners
- Policy authority independent of the Board of Directors
On an as-needed basis, the Grievance Committee reviews ethical complaints to determine if hearings are warranted.
- Promotes Sacramento area housing opportunities and affordability
- Educates the real estate community and general public about housing opportunities
- Develops guidelines and provides leadership for SAR’s Internship Program
- Markets the program and finds internship opportunities
- Analyzes SAR communication, media, and methods
- Troubleshoots problems
- Brainstorms ways to increase SAR/Membership communication success
The Master's Club provides programs and services to enhance the competency, professionalism, and productivity of its members, and to recognize the achievements of top REALTOR® who have earned a level of excellence in real estate sales. More Info »
- Sets policy and oversees application process
- Plans and manages educational, networking, and fundraising events
- Responsible for solicitation, management and appropriation of revenues from the REALTOR® Action Fund (PAC)
- Authority independent of the SAR Board of Directors
On an as-needed basis, the Professional Standards Committee convenes hearing tribunals to provide arbitration or to hear matters of alleged unethical conduct by SAR Members.
The Strategic Planning & Finance Committee oversees SAR's financial affairs and budget.
- Enhances REALTOR® Image
- Promotes volunteer activities both within SAR and to the general public